English Lit.



I think I have fallen in love in English Literature. For all the short stories and poems that I have learned, they are simply too great. It is not just stories, poems, novels that you think of. It means a lot, everything. Reflecting what life is all about, I wonder have you ever relate yourself to the story or the poem itself?

English Lit,simply make you to open up your mind and to think outside the box.
Why William Shakespeare described that her mistress's eyes are nothing like the Sun and coral is far more red than her lips' red? Is that he was criticizing the beauty of her mistress? Or he was just telling us that he liked her in the way she was but not her beauty? In "The Disappearance" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni,why she could just walked away from the family, leaving her small kid and husband behind? Is that she want freedom? Is that she doesn't love her family because of the arranged marriage? See, it makes you to think a lot.

Out of the questions above, you can even relate yourself into the story, the poem and even the novel. Do you ever think these way after reading them: Can you accept arranged marriage? Do you ever think of how you are going to raise your child in future or what kind of mother you want to be? English Lit really means a lot.



What impress me is my lecture of English Studies. She is creative, indeed. She made us to create a courtroom scene based on a certain situation for a short story. She made us to examine the portrait by Pablo Picasso titled "Woman Ironing" and imagine the woman looking up and speaking to us then write down she might say to us as one of the activities after the "I Stand Here Ironing" short stories. I still remembered she asked us to draw a poster to capture a scene representing the whole story. She even asked us to think of ourselves was the main character and from that, wrote a letter to her to reveal every feelings and ask for help. How creative she is!



Right now, I am waiting for the book "King Lear" by William Shakespeare to arrive. I have never read a play before and I have to prepare myself for the next year "King Lear"role play performance. It is a challenging project for us.

Isn't that English Literature interesting? We also learned what inspired an author or poet to write. Every author must have something that inspired them to write, perhaps their background. But the most important thing that all the authors did was reading.

Somehow, I regret on giving up reading English books instead of textbook when I was in my secondary school life. Start reading now is the only thing I can do.




Ps: Is collecting books...Dream of having a bookstore or small library soon..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我在尽力着

将是新的开始